If we don't have what you are looking for, request it from Interlibrary Loan
- This is a free service.
- ILL will try to obtain the material from another library system somewhere in the United States.
- This service can take several days.
- Please carefully read the policies listed on the ILL page for more information about this service.
Types of material that can be requested
- book chapters
- journal articles
- conference papers
- Go to Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Click on the Illiad icon in the middle of the page
- Log in with your Nova ID & password
- Click on the type of material For example: Journal Article (left side of screen)
- Enter the requested information in all of the required fields on the form
- Click on Submit Request
- If the Interlibrary Loan Dept is able to obtain the physical material (book or dissertation), they will mail it to you. You are responsible for the return postage.
- If ILL is able to obtain the material electronically, you will receive an email with a link to your ILLiad account.
- Log in and click on Electronically Received Articles to view the article or book chapter (left side of screen)
Distance and Regional Campus Students:
Articles in print journals and chapters from books on reserve can be requested from ILL by distance students and students at regional campuses. They will be scanned and sent electronically to your ILLiad account as a PDF file.
Note: Always search the eJournal Finder to check for electronic availability of a journal first.
Circulating Print Books
Circulating print books (not audiovisual material) can be delivered to you.
- Search the catalog
- Select the title
- If it is a circulating item, click on "Order for Delivery"
- NSU will mail the item to you free of charge, but you are responsible for the return postage.
Reserved Print Book Chapters
Reserved books do not leave the library. You can request a limited amount of material (depending on copyright restrictions) to be scanned and sent to you.
- Go to ILL
- After logging in, select Book Chapter (left side of screen) and fill out the form.
- The pages will be scanned and delivered through your ILLiad account.