(to help you decide whether to use a source in your paper)
- When was it published/posted or last updated?
- Do you need to find more current information?
- Does it relate to your topic or answer your question?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Is the information at an appropriate level? Too advanced? Too easy?
- Who is the author, publisher, source, or sponsor?
- What are their credentials or organizational affiliations?
- Is the author qualified to write on the topic?
- Where does the information come from?
- Is it supported by evidence?
- Has it been reviewed or refereed?
- What is the purpose of the information? To inform, teach, sell, entertain, or persuade?
- Is the information fact, opinion, or propaganda?
- Does the point of view appear objective and unbiased?