- Quick access to federal administrative agency decisions on the web; Compilation by the University of Virginia Library.
Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Economic data for international, national, regional, state and city levels.
- The e-CFR is an editorial compilation of material from the Code of Federal Regulations and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
- As stated on their home page, "[t]he purpose of Data.gov is to increase public access to high value, machine readable datasets generated by the Executive Branch of the Federal Government". Content is added regularly, and the site actively encourages suggestions from users.
Department of Defense Websites
- "... the starting point for finding U.S. military information online."
DOE Green Energy
- "DOE Green Energy is your gateway to green energy results from thousands of DOE-sponsored research and development projects."
Energy Information Administration
- "Official energy statistics from the U.S. Government". Includes state, U.S. and international data on many forms of energy.
- "...making [federal] statistics from more than 100 agencies available to citizens everywhere".
- A service of the Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, FRASER provides links to scanned images of historical economic statistical publications, releases, and documents.
Historical Census Browser
- The University of Virginia Library offers this resource, which allows for searching of state and county topics for individual census years and/or for examining state and county topics over time. Covers census data from 1790 through 1960.
Index of Presidential Signing Statements 2001-2007
- This resource is available through the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy website. According to this website, "[t]he index, compiled by Neil Kinkopf, associate professor of law at Georgia State University College of Law and former special assistant in the Office of Legal Counsel at the Department of Justice, provides a comprehensive list of every provision of a law objected to by the White House in a signing statement, the reason for the objection, and a link to the relevant signing statement."
List of Federal Agency Internet Sites
- Created and maintained by the Troy H. Middleton Library of Louisiana State University, in partnership with the U. S. Government Publications Office. Based on the U.S. Government Manual, the List directs users to the Web sites of active Federal agencies. Users can view a hierarchical or an alphabetical list of all agencies. The agencies are also listed by broad category, such as boards/commissions, legislative, and quasi-official. The entire list is searchable by agency keyword as well.
National Climatic Data Center
- This is a great place to start researching climate data online.
Office of the Federal Register
- Online access to current Federal regulations through the Federal Register Public Inspection Desk. Regulations are updated daily.
OMB Earmarks Database
- search for appropriation earmarks by agency or state.
- Find both proposed and final U.S. government agencies' decisions, along with other documents such as Federal agency notices, supporting materials, public comments, and Federal agency guidance and adjudications
USA Trade Online
USA Trade Online is the U.S. Census Bureau’s premier web based product used to access U.S. international trade statistics for over 18,000 commodities going to 240 trade partners. It contains detailed data at the district, port, and state level with commodity detail by the Harmonized System and North American Industry Classification System.