EndNote Online (formerly EndNote Web) is a web based tool that is included in NSU's EndNote Desktop subscription. It compliments your EndNote Desktop library by allowing you to access & share your references anywhere.
- Access your EndNote library when away from your desktop
- Share groups of references with other EndNote Online users
- Add, store & organize your references and PDFs
- Use EndNote Online to synchronize your EndNote library between two computers (work, at home, etc.)
Although EndNote Online offers many great features, it does not offer the full functionality of the EndNote Desktop version. Here are the key differences (limitations) of EndNote Online.
- Journal names will not automatically format correctly in a Word document (full name or abbreviated name)
- PDFs cannot be annotated or highlighted
- Cannot run a search for full text PDFs
- Does not support smart groups or group sets
- Limited to 5 GB of storage
- EndNote Online account lasts for 2 years. Every time you update to a newer version of the EndNote Desktop, it will extend the account for 2 years.