1.Close all Microsoft applications on your computer!
2. Click here to download Endnote
3. Click on Endnote version 18 (X8) for Windows (or the version that is compatible with your computer)
4. Log in with your Nova User name and ID
5. Save the zip file (preferably on your desktop)
6. Go to your desktop and right click on the Endnote zip file, Click on Extract All (or upzip). If you do not have an "extract all” or “upzip” option, try double clicking the zip file (the contents of the zip file will be in the right pane and click on the "extract all files" button on the top left of the window)
Note: If you run the installer directly from the .zip file (without extracting the contents) it will not install properly. You will be asked for a product key. Start over if that happens.
7. Click on the new file, Enx7ist.msi.file, Click on Install
8. Click on Run
9. Click on Next
10. Select Installation Type: CUSTOM (this will install necessary files to your computer. Refer to the screen shots and attached PowerPoint for more information)
11. Click on Additional Connections, and change the features to, "Will be installed on local hard drive".
12. Click next to complete the installation process
13. Create a new library.
14. See the attached EndNote Install - Windows Instructions .pdf for more information on the