May freely use all resources:
- Currently enrolled students at Nova Southeastern University (NSU) or the Health Professions Divison (HPD)
- NSU and HPD Faculty, including Adjunct
- NSU and HPD Staff
- NSU and HPD Clinical Faculty or Preceptors who register through their Colleges within HPD
May use the library and its collection; however, no items may circulate out of the library:
- General public (walk-ins)
- SEFLIN card holders
- General NSU alumni
May borrow circulating books and use databases designated in Alumni database portal:
- Registered HPD alumni - Register here
- After registering contact the HPD Library at email@example.com or (954) 262-3106 to establish an HPD alumni library patron record.
More Alumni info
NSU photo ID = HPD Library Card (More info)
- All HPD Students, Faculty, Staff
- NSU non-HPD Students
Valid Driver's License
- General public
Alumni card (NSU registered alumni)
HPD Students always have priority for use of Reserve books and materials.
HPD Library staff reserve the right to refuse to circulate materials if questionable photo ID is presented.
HPD Library staff may request a present address and phone number when circulating materials from the Reserve section.
If your NSU ID is lost or stolen and reported to the library, the library will block transactions for the misplaced barcode until the card is replaced.
Clinical Faculty and Preceptors
In appreciation for your service as a preceptor or clinical faculty, the Health Professions Division Library of Nova Southeastern University provides you complimentary access to all of the print and online materials of the HPD Library.
Resources include electronic full-text journals and clinical texts and access to our print collection as well as databases such as MEDLINE, CINAHL, PsycInfo, MD Consult, Up to Date, DynaMed and the Cochrane EBM databases.
Services include liaison librarian services including library instruction, orientation for new faculty and research assistance.
Please contact the department (such as the College of Osteopathic Medicine) to which you are associated as a clinical faculty member as they must authorize your access to the library databases.
NSU Library Policies
Problems with Access to Library Databases:
If you're having trouble accessing any of the Library's online resources, please
First, ask yourself if you are behind a firewall at your location. Many health care institutions have firewalls that prevent access to our resources. If you are behind a firewall you need to access our resources from another place, such as home or maybe Starbucks.
Second, your browser needs to enable cookies in order to access our databases.
To enable cookies in Internet Explorer:
- Go to Tools>Select Internet Options
- Go to the Security tab and set your security on Medium or lower
- High security will not accept cookies
To enable cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to Tools>Select Options
- Go to Privacy tab, set to Accept cookies from sites AND Accept third-party cookies
Third, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-262-3106 for assistance