This library guide is designed to help students meet the needs of this course. Below is the course description.
This course covers theory, research and applications for the following topics: Structure, function, and disorders of the nervous system; physiological mechanisms and disorders in vegetative and intellectual functions; and psychophysiological methods and technology.
1) Explain the structure and function of the nervous system
2) Identify the psychological sequelae of common central nervous system disorders
3) Understand biological influences on emotion, behavior, and cognition
4) Recognize appropriate pharmacological interventions and their modes of action in the treatment of common mental disorders
5) Develop a foundation of psychobiological knowledge for subsequent coursework in psychopharmacology and related clinical applications